Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fudge Brownies

So after my wonderful husband got me the KitchenAid Mixer, I wanted to start cooking and baking right away, so the first thing I made were these delicious brownies, they're SO good and were gone within two hours LOL

Fudge Brownies


Fudge Brownies
KitchenAid Cookbook

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 squares (1oz each) unsweetened chocolate
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts

Melt ½ cup butter with chocolate over low heat; cool. Place remaining butter, sugar, and vanilla in bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater.

Fudge Brownies

Turn to Speed 2 and mix for 30 seconds, then increase to Speed 6 and cream for 2 minutes. Reduce to Speed 4 and add eggs, one at a time beating 15 seconds after each addition. Stop and scrape bowl.

Fudge Brownies

Add cooled butter and chocolate. Turn to Speed 2 and mix for 30 seconds. Reduce to Stir Speed and add flour, salt, and nuts; mix until well blended, about 30 seconds.

Fudge Brownies

Pour into greased and floured 13x9x2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into 2-inch squares. (we like big brownies, so I cut mine into big squares)

Yield: 2 dozen brownies

Fudge Brownies

2 comments:

  1. I'm living my Kitchen Aide dream vicariously through you, ya know.

    The brownies look YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO LUCKY to have a kitchenaid. It's my dream to have one of my own. I do have one at work, but it's not quite the same as having one of your very own! Great looking brownies!

    ReplyDelete