Favorite Ingredients Friday!!!
It's friday and time for another Favorite Ingredients Friday, so here we go....if you want to join in please go by the wonderful lady at "Overwhelmed with Joy".
Since summer has started and a lot of us will start going on picnics, I thought I would share some picnic recipes, enjoy!
1 (16 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
2 stalks celery
1 tablespoon finely minced onions
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sugar (or two packets sugar substitute)
6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled
1/2 head lettuce (or spinach, Swiss chard, greens combined)
10 flour tortillas
- In a mixing bowl, snip crab meat into fine pieces. Dice celery, mince onion, and add to crab. Stir and set aside.
- Mash cream cheese, then add sour cream, mayo, lemon juice and sugar, mixing until creamy.
- Pour cream cheese mixture to crab & veggies, mixing well. Set aside.
- Using a pastry blender (or a fork), chop the eggs until crumbly-looking; set aside.
- Shred the lettuce and set aside.
- PUT IT TOGETHER: Spread about a 1/4-cup of crab mixture in a thin layer over a tortilla. Sprinkle with eggs and lettuce. Roll tortilla up very tightly.
- LUNCH or PICNIC: Wrap each tortilla tightly in a slice of waxed-paper. Unwrap or cut in half and keep it neat!
- PLANNED OVERS: Mix remaining crab, lettuce and egg, and have it for lunch the next day!
- CHANGE OVERS: Add some French or Western dressing and a dab of horseradish with the mayonnaise to create more of a seafood saucey flavor. Yummmy! OR dip wrap in this! Even better!
- Plan for two wraps per person, with "leftovers" being chilled and served for lunch the next day (or a late night snack?).
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1-1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
* 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
* 3-1/2 ounce can (1-1/3 cups) flaked coconut
* 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in a 9X13 baking pan. Melt in oven. Remove pan from oven and carefully tilt pan to spread melted butter around. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over melted butter.
Pour sweetened condensed milk over the crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients. Bake 25 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars.