Friday, May 04, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday - Breakfast Edition


Well ladies, it's friday and that means another great Favorite Ingredients Friday hosted by the wonderful "Overwhelmed with Joy", today it's breakfast edition, so here we go:



STRAWBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST


Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup strawberry jam
1/4 cup chopped pecans
French or Italian bread

Batter:
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
(beat together)

Directions:
Mix cream cheese, jam and nuts. Cut Italian or French bread into diagonal pieces about 1 inch thick. Cut pocket in each slice. Stuff with mixture. Dip into batter, coating both sides. With skillet on medium heat, brown both sides in margarine.

9 comments:

  1. Oooo, this sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
    http://raisingjoey.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love french toast!
    Hope your day is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawberries, cream cheese and french toast! Yum!!!! Thanks for sharing! Everytime I visit I have to smile at your banner -- love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds doable and looks delicious!Thank you1
    I have tagged you for a little meme. Please stop by!
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummmmy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow yummmmmmmo! I will definitely be making this one very soon, too good to pass up! Thanks for sharing..have a great weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this one before. I still haven't tried it though. THanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY!!! This looks divine and easy. I am going to have to try it soon.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooooooooooooooo yummo!!!

    wendy

    ReplyDelete