Saturday, February 09, 2008

Butter Pecan Rolls!

Ready for some breakfast?

This morning I whipped up a batch of these and I've already had 3, now I feel sick and my hips are jiggling but dagnabit, I can't help it, they're just so darn good.

I dare you to try one and tell me you can do without.

Above are the ingredients for the rolls and then I'll show you the ones for the Cream Cheese Icing ok? I'm sure you have most of these on hand in your refrigerator and pantry so there's no excuse for not making a batch of these for your family....none.....you hear me? So get cooking.

You start by placing 2 cups of chopped pecans in a bowl

Next you add 1 package (3 oz) of cook and serve butterscotch pudding, mix well. The yumminess (I know not even a word but just go with it) starts here.....

Spoon 1 tablespoon of nut mixture into 24 non-stick muffin cups.

Place one dinner roll in each cup. I'm using the butter flakey ones this time and they worked out really good too.

In another bowl, melt 1/2 cup of butter

add 1 cup of sugar, stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved.

I made half in the muffin cups and then the rest in a round foil baking pan. Trust me, it works.

Spoon about 1 teaspoon of syrup over each roll. Let rolls rise until doubled in size.

Bake them according to the dinner roll package.....now pull them out of the oven and oooohhh and ahhhhhh because they look so good.

Hear them singing "I am pretty...oh so pretty....I am pretty and......"

Turn the rolls out of the pan immediately onto a sheet of foil. Cool slightly. Grab your camera again and take another picture....realize it's blurry, so take another, then another, start getting annoyed with the camera and then finally smile when you see the perfect picture.

To prepare the icing, in a bowl cream the softened butter and cream cheese. Add the sugar a little at a time, then mix until smooth. Add vanilla extract and lemon juice and a little milk until it's the consistency you want.

I like mine thick not runny.

Drizzle over the rolls. Grab a plate, scoop one up and eat then come back and tell me if you were able to have only one.....go on........I'll be here waiting.



BUTTER PECAN ROLLS

ROLLS:

2 cups chopped pecans
1 package (3 ounces) cook and serve butterscotch pudding
1/2 cup butter
1 cup Sugar
24 unbaked frozen yeast dinner rolls, thawed

CREAM CHEESE ICING:

2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup milk

Combine pecans and dry pudding mix. Spoon 1 tablespoon nut mixture into 24 nonstick muffin cups. Place one dinner roll in each cup. Melt butter. Add sugar, stirring, constantly until sugar is melted. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of syrup over each roll. Let rolls rise until doubled in size.

Bake according to dinner roll package directions. Turn baked rolls out of pan immediately onto a sheet of foil. Cook slightly.

To prepare icing, cream butter and cream cheese. Gradually add sugar. Mix until smooth. Add vanilla and lemon juice. Gradually add milk until desired consistency. Drizzle over rolls. Store lightly covered.

Yield: 2 dozen

6 comments:

  1. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart idea! I'm smackin' my head saying "Well, duh!". Using a muffin tin and ready made biscuits is just a perfect solution when I don't want to spend extra time making bread dough! I bet crescent rolls stuffed with the topping would be down right sinful!

    Thank you so much for the recipe idea and pictures. You've got my attention - and my children will be thanking you tomorrow morning! O.k., maybe the morning after that, I've got some amazing blueberry muffins planned for tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I think I gained 10 pounds just looking at these rolls! They look amazing! I have been looking for some new breakfast ideas as I live in a family that doesn't eat cereal, so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is my kind of recipe, they look delicious! Are they mail-able? ;0)

    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.my.goodness! These look incredible, and fairly simliar to the overnight rolls I make once a year - on Christmas Eve. Mine is in a big Bundt pan and doesn't have the cream cheese icing (drool!), but it's still adds tons to my hips and thighs at Christmas! These look incredible, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Insane!!!! Definitely not good for those trying to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete