Saturday, February 09, 2008

Quick Chicken Stew!

There's days that I really don't want to be in the kitchen, no matter how much I love cooking. Those days are few and far between but when they do happen, I want to get in, fix dinner and get out as fast as I can.

This quick Chicken Stew is one that I always make, I don't have a recipe, the first time I fixed it I threw a couple of ingredients together and was happy with the results.....PLUS it's so versatile, you can add or remove any ingredients you don't like.

So here's how I make my stew.

In a pot I add a little bit of olive oil (surprise surprise, portuguese cooking with olive oil LOL), then I add a small onion, chopped.....two small tomatoes, chopped and some garlic. For the garlic I just use whatever is on hand, whether it's a clove or a garlic powder or crushed....just whatever you want.

Next goes in a small can of tomato sauce. Give it a good stir.

Add some paprika and salt and pepper to taste.

Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes or so, until chicken is cooked through. This time I had some leftover cooked chicken, so I just add that in and cooked it until the onions and tomatoes were tender.

Next I add in potatoes....it depends on the size, if they're large I go with 2 and if they're medium or smaller I go with about 4 or 5. Just cut it into cubes and add to the chicken.

Now you need liquid to cook those potatoes, so add some water or chicken broth until it barely covers the potatoes. Simmer for about 20 minutes or so until the potatoes are tender. Just make sure to keep checking the water, you don't want it to dry up and burn.

Just before the potatoes are done, add in some frozen peas or canned peas or whatever....again I leave at your discretion because at this point in the meal you can add any veggies you want. Carrots, corn, celery......



Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Um that looks good. And i think it looks extra good because I am starving!!!! Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna give this a try! Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete