Friday, February 29, 2008

Slow Cooker Mom's Firehouse Chili!


We are a family of Chili lovers so I'm always trying out different recipes and since I think Chili is one of those foods that tastes best when it's been cooking for long long hours, there's nothing like Crockpot Chili.

This is a new recipe I tried out and it was really good.



MOM'S FIREHOUSE CHILI
Credit: Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooker Recipes


1-1/2 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, cubed (I used ground beef for mine)
3 onions, sliced
2 c. water
28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
6-oz. can tomato paste
2 stalks, celery
1 green pepper, cut into strips
16-oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
16-oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
pepper, garlic powder, parsley, chili powder and hot pepper sauce to taste
14-3/4 oz. can corn, drained

Place beef, onions and water in slow cooker. Add tomatoes and tomato paste; stir well. Add celery, green pepper and beans. Stir in seasonings to taste; top with corn. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, or on high setting for 5 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
Makes 6 servings.



Place meat, onions and water into the crockpot. Like I said, I went with what I had on hand and used ground beef.

Add the celery and tomatoes


Next go in the beans, don't forget to drain and rinse them

Next add the spices, I left out the hot sauce though otherwise the kids wouldn't eat it.

Set it on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours. Seriously the smell of chili cooking is enough to make you drool.


We always sprinkle shredded cheese on ours. YUMMY!

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a recipe that I might try,or at least the BH to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a HUGE chili lover myself!! :)

    Heh, Sandra...do NOT click on that "attention" link in the comment above!!!! It is a virus. This virus has been spreading around Blogger world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Awesome site-better than a cookbook with all of your great pictures. I can't wait to try out some of your recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the recipes! I made the chicken tetrazini last night and am making the chili tonight. The kids loved the tetrazini------bell peppers and all!
    Keep It Up!

    ReplyDelete