Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Triple Chocolate Mess!

I'm a mom and usually when the word mess comes up, I cringe, because I know there's something gross that I need to clean.

But THIS is one mess I would not mind dealing with daily, the Triple Chocolate Mess that gets dumped into your slow cooker and 8 hours later has you literally licking the plate. (shhhhh don't tell anyone I said that)
So let's make a mess, come on don't be shy, moms never get to play dirty so now it's our turn.



TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MESS

1 package chocolate cake mix
1 pint sour cream
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 6oz. bag chocolate chips
1 6 oz bag peanut butter chips
3/4 c. oil
4 eggs
1 c. water

Spray crock pot with non-stick spray. Mix all ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours Try not to lift the lid. Serve with ice cream. Keeps in fridge for a while. Just heat and serve.


Here's the MAIN culprits to this mess....yes I know there's eggs and oil and water but really they are nowhere near as dangerous as these guys above.

In a bowl add the chocolate cake mix and the pudding mix

Now add the chocolate chips and the peanut butter chips........steal a few and pop them into your mouth quickly before the little 4 year old sees you, otherwise you have to share *tee hee*

Look at the chips some more and realize they look so COOL that you need a close up.

Realize that you really don't need pictures of every single egg and oil cup going in, so dump in the rest of the ingredients, mix it all up nice and well.


Grease the slow cooker pan with non stick spray and dump your mess in there. One thing I have to give props for, at least the mess is contained in ONE area....right???

Turn it on low for 8 hours and walk away, remind yourself every 2 minutes that you are NOT to lift the lid no matter how much your hips scream for it.

10 comments:

  1. woah.
    woah.
    woah.

    what time should I come over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe is almost identical to the cake I cook in a bundt pan. To date, I have never tried desserts in the crock pot, but this sure sounds good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious !!!

    And I love the new look of the place ! Looks really really good !!

    You know how you have "appetizers", "side dishes" etc in your side bar with the links underneath. Did you do that all manually using a link list from add a page element ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yum!!!! I LOVE all things chocolate!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a picture of the final product? Does it set up like a cake? Thanks, it sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want you to know that I enjoy reading your blog very much. Your photos of how to make recipes are very helpful.

    I left something for you on my blog. Check it out when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so going to make this tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That recipe looks amazing! Too bad I'm up to my ears in Girl Scout cookies right now, or I'd go get the stuff to make it right now! Great blog! I'm definitely bookmarking it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks YUMMY! I linked to this recipe on my blog, just because it looked so awesome! I really enjoy the menu plans and recipes you post...they're great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This question is coming a little late, but that instant pudding, is it the 6 serving box or the 4? I can't wait to make this!!!!!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete