Thursday, February 28, 2008

Crockpot Stuffed Green Peppers!

I love my crockpot and I LOVE stuffed green peppers, so when I realized that I could join the two and still have a delicious dinner, I thought.......WOOWEE!!!!

This was dinner last night and wait until I show you what you can do with the leftover filling, you will wonder why you're sitting around here reading this instead of doing it for yourself. As a matter of fact, now that I'm talking about it, I'm craving it.....too bad there's none left.


CROCKPOT STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS


I start by browning up a pound of ground beef, add some onion flakes, salt and pepper, garlic powder. Then add a can of diced tomatoes and green chilies (drained) and half a small can of tomato sauce.

Simmer for a few minutes, then add about a cup of cooked rice. Mix it well.

Start stuffing the green peppers, this recipe works for about 5 green peppers, but I only used 4.

Yes I know the picture is blurry, but hey I was too busy cooking and didn't even realize it came out this way and now it's a little too late, because you see.......they're gone, eaten, ALL GONE.


Spray the crockpot with non stick spray and place the stuffed peppers inside. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the top.

Cook on High for 4 hours!


Now if you only make 4 stuffed peppers you will realize that you have some leftover filling, but don't throw it out. Do what I do, I made a burrito for my lunch. *drool*

I love the honeywheat tortillas, so that is what I'm using, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.

Place the filling down the middle and then throw on a ton of shredded cheese, seriously the more you put on there, the cheesier it will be and OH YUMMY!

Pop into the microwave for 1 minute and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. All I can say is Yummo. I am going to surprise my family by making these on Monday. Once again I thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon your blog and I absolutely love reading it. You have tons of good ideas and recipes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made stuffed peppers in awhile... that sounds so good! I have never done them in the crock pot - I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever made stuffed peppers! Ever! I think these look fantastic and I love the idea of the crockpot, why not?!

    How creative to use the filling for a burrito. I want a burrito like yours now . . . haven't had any lunch today. I think I might add some mashed black bean, cumin . . . ARRGH! I'm hungry!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also used the red bell peppers as well. Gives it a sweeter taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks so yummy.I bet my toughest food critic would love it ;-0

    ReplyDelete