Monday, September 15, 2008

Creamy White Chili!

Dinner tonight is a chicken chili, it's a recipe from one of my Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks which I absolutely adore.

Let me tell you this was SO good, a huge hit with the family, my kids both had second helpings, my husband had THREE helpings and then there was fighting over who got the leftovers tomorrow LOL


CREAMY WHITE CHILI


1 T. oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 onion, chopped
14-oz can chicken broth
2 15-1/2 oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
2 4 oz. cans chopped green chilies
1-1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. dried oregano
8-oz container sour cream
1/2 pt. whipping cream
10-oz. pkg. corn chips
8-oz. bag shredded Monterey Jack cheese


Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken and onion. Saute until chicken is cooked through; set aside.

Combine broth, beans, chiles and seasonings in a large soup pot over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.
Add chicken mixture; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.

Add sour cream and whipping cream; mix well. Top with corn chips and cheese. Serves 8.

13 comments:

  1. Sandra this looks amazing!!!

    Another one I have to try.. gonna wait until it gets just a little bit cooler.. but this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. I make something like it but I think yours looks better because it has whipping cream in it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love white chicken chili! Have made it before but this one looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gooseberry patch books. That chili looks seriously delicious! I may have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra,

    I was wondering if you would ever be interested in becoming a featured publisher with foodbuzz.com
    If so please email me
    lizstambaugh@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Sandra this looks really yummy. thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sounds amazing... I needed a good chili that isn't red meat based. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this last night & it was great! Again I love all the cool pictures. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a very similar recipe, though mine adds a pinch of cayenne (I use paprika) and I just add some freshly minced garlic and leave out the whipping cream -- still delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm putting this on my menu for the newxt few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your site is great thanks debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trying the chilli chicken tonight, looks great and a toatlly new idea, never heard of white chilli here in uk!! Keep up the good work Sandra!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am an avid collector of GBP books. I jut love them! Do you mind me asking which book this recipe was in? It does look delicious.

    ReplyDelete