Monday, September 15, 2008

Creamy White Chili!

Dinner tonight is a chicken chili, it's a recipe from one of my Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks which I absolutely adore.

Let me tell you this was SO good, a huge hit with the family, my kids both had second helpings, my husband had THREE helpings and then there was fighting over who got the leftovers tomorrow LOL


1 T. oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 onion, chopped
14-oz can chicken broth
2 15-1/2 oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
2 4 oz. cans chopped green chilies
1-1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. dried oregano
8-oz container sour cream
1/2 pt. whipping cream
10-oz. pkg. corn chips
8-oz. bag shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken and onion. Saute until chicken is cooked through; set aside.


Combine broth, beans, chiles and seasonings in a large soup pot over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.


Add chicken mixture; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.


Add sour cream and whipping cream; mix well.


Top with corn chips and cheese. Serves 8.


  1. Sandra this looks amazing!!!

    Another one I have to try.. gonna wait until it gets just a little bit cooler.. but this looks delicious!

  2. This looks great. I make something like it but I think yours looks better because it has whipping cream in it. Thanks.

  3. I love white chicken chili! Have made it before but this one looks really good!

  4. I love the gooseberry patch books. That chili looks seriously delicious! I may have to give it a try!

  5. Sandra,

    I was wondering if you would ever be interested in becoming a featured publisher with
    If so please email me

  6. HI Sandra this looks really yummy. thanks..

  7. this sounds amazing... I needed a good chili that isn't red meat based. Can't wait to try this!

  8. I made this last night & it was great! Again I love all the cool pictures. Thanks so much!

  9. I have a very similar recipe, though mine adds a pinch of cayenne (I use paprika) and I just add some freshly minced garlic and leave out the whipping cream -- still delicious!

  10. I'm putting this on my menu for the newxt few weeks.

  11. your site is great thanks debbie

  12. Trying the chilli chicken tonight, looks great and a toatlly new idea, never heard of white chilli here in uk!! Keep up the good work Sandra!!

  13. I am an avid collector of GBP books. I jut love them! Do you mind me asking which book this recipe was in? It does look delicious.