Saturday, September 13, 2008

Molasses Oat Cookies!

The weekend is when I sit in the kitchen and bake up a dozen or more cookies for the cookie jar. My cookie jar is ALWAYS full and it's not store bought cookies, though there's nothing wrong with those, I do use them when I have a really busy week and don't get around to the kitchen.

If you happen to visit my house and look in the jar you're bound to find goodies like Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, Butter Cookies, Oatmeal and so on.

This afternoon is no different than any other, I've been in the kitchen baking and this time I made Molasses Oat Cookies. They're SO good!



MOLASSES OAT COAKIES
Makes 3 to 4 dozen Credit: Gooseberry Patch Autumn in the Country

1/2 c. shortening
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. molasses
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
2 c. quick cooking oats, uncooked
1 c. raisins

Combine shortening, eggs, sugar and molasses in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly.


Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

Add oats, raisins, mix well.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.

Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

7 comments:

  1. What a great fall cookie..yum! I can't wait to try them. I am looking for a really good bread pudding(almost cake like)...any suggestions??
    -Sandy Toes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good. I will have to try them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cookie jar is always EMPTY {sad}...it just sits on our countertop calling for some homemade goodies. The jar is even glass, so you can actually SEE that it's empty. I really need to get better at making homemade goodies for my husband and kids. My only problem would be that I think I would eat the majority of them since I stay home all day. I have no will power when it comes to cookies! I haven't had time to browse through all of your yummy looking recipes, but I plan on it very soon as I am running out of "what to cook"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even have a cookie jar !! But maybe I need to get one ! You are such an inspiration !! I have been baking more regularly and your full bellies blog is one of my regular stops when I'm looking for a new recipe to try ...

    These look delicious !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra

    I just made these ;-) into the oven they go..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these and they were really dark (full-flavor molasses manybe?) and kinda hard. Did I do something wrong? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I was wondering what else I could use the jar of molasses sitting in the pantry for, and now I know. I love oatmeal cookies and these look delectable.

    ReplyDelete