Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pizzeria Pot Pie!

I'm a huge fan of the Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks and as a matter of fact, I collect them. I know that I can always find a simple, quick but delicious recipe on there.

This is from the Autumn Cookbook and the kids love it.




PIZZERIA POT PIE

1 lb. ground turkey sausage (I use maple sausage)
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms (I use a small can, drained)
1 c. green pepper, chopped
14 1/2 oz. can chunky pizza sauce (I couldn't find it at the commissary so I used a 15 oz bottle of normal pizza sauce)
2 c. biscuit baking mix
1/4 c. milk
1 egg, beaten (I just add it whole)
2 T. grated Parmesan Cheese

Brown sausage and onion in a skillet over medium heat; drain. Stir in mushrooms, pepper and pizza sauce;


spoon into an ungreased 3-quart casserole dish and set aside.



Stir baking mix, milk, egg and cheese together until dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times (I just kneaded mine in the bowl).Pat into a 9-inch circle; cut into 6 wedges.



Arrange wedges over sauce mixture.



Bake uncovered, at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, until crust is golden.
Serves 6

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! This looks great, and I know it will be a huge hit in our home! I found you through Kelli's blog recently, and I've sure enjoyed all the great recipes! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Amy O.
    picketfencemom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look good. I am thinking to save time I would use store bought bisquits though (on a work day). Grands, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, now when I make out my weekly menu and shop list, I've been making it a habit to come here first for new stuff to try...YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra this looks so yummy. I think I will try it tonight! I will substitute plain ground turkey and add some spices. Hope I don't mess it up! I'll let you know!
    Hope the cold is gone. I love swiss steak too...have to try your recipe soon!
    Blessings,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great dish!! This is sure to be a huge success with my kids!!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete