Friday, September 19, 2008

Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore

There's days that as much as I love cooking, I just don't feel well enough to be in there, so I love having my crockpot handy for these times.

This is a great recipe, kids LOVE it.

Photobucket

CROCKPOT CHICKEN CACCIATORE


3 lbs chicken, cut up in pieces
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
6 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon celery powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Cooked spaghetti

Place onions in bottom of crock pot. Add chicken pieces.

Stir all the other ingredients together. Pour over chicken.

Cook on low heat 7 to 9 hours or high heat for about 3 to 4 hours.

Serve over spaghetti. What I do, is cook the spaghetti and then drain it and add it to the crockpot, mix it all well and serve.

7 comments:

  1. This might be a silly question but....when do you add the spaghetti noodles?? Did I miss something??

    tulipkids

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a silly question at all, I completely forgot to mention the spaghetti LOL

    I edited the recipe, thanks for the heads up.

    I just cook spaghetti separately and then add it to the crockpot at the end and mix everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the clarification. The way I've been lately, I was just sure it was me!! LOL

    Thanks for posting all these yummy recipes. I've made quite a few of them and my family is loving it!

    From one Idaho girl to another, Thanks and blessings!
    In Christ,
    tulipkids

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks right up my alley! I love crockpot cooking...I will be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried so many of your recipes! I just was reading your omelet in a bag...OH MY...I am going to try this tomorrow! It works??Wow...I am so excited! I love your sight...I think I have told you already...the Tres Lech Cake...I have made it for two events and received so many compliments on it. I have passed your blog on!

    I was looking at a cookbook at a store yesterday. As I was looking, I thought I don't need this book I have "fullbellies blog". I am good at appetizers and some meals. I have some great recipes but I need new ones..the weekday meals I struggle with! Thanks for you help!
    Sandy Toes

    ReplyDelete
  6. We absolutely love chicken cacciatore and I always make it in the crockpot. Almost exactly like yours..we serve ours over rice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had this before but it looks yummy. Hopefully my kids will enjoy this one too.

    ReplyDelete