Thursday, September 04, 2008

Easy Cheesy Topped Burgers!

Burgers, there are just so many variations on these, but when I saw the recipe at Marie's blog my mouth literally watered. Imagine if you will, melted cheese, green onions, bacon all gooey and topping your burger patty?

Does that NOT make you want to go grill up some burgers?


*Easy Cheesy Topped Burgers*
Serves 4 to 6

Delicious open faced burgers topped with full on cheese flavour! Cheese, Bacon, Onion . . . What’s not to like about these! You know you shouldn’t . . . but you will anyways. . . go ahead, enjoy!

2 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
8 slices cooked smoked streaky bacon, crumbled
1 cup chopped spring onions
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 TBS tomato catsup
3 tsp hot pepper sauce (Optional)
12 minced beef patties (3 pounds)
Bread or hamburger buns, if desired


Heat gas or charcoal grill, or oven grill.

In a small bowl mix all ingredients except for the beef patties.


When the grill is heated, place frozen patties on the grill. Cover grill, and cook over medium heat 4 to 8 minutes, turning once, until the patties are nicely browned and cooked through.

Carefully top each patty with about some of the cheese mixture.

Cook, covered, for 4 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted. Serve on toasted bread.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Sandra, so glad that you are enjoying my recipes. You seem to be doing a great job of making them! They all look like they are turning out delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOH GRACIOUS!!! These look DIVINE!!!! Yep, they will be on our table VERY soon!!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for adding me to your blog list...I already have yours on mine. My family wants to thank you for all the wonderful recipes! Do you think of these on your own? They are wonderful!

    I told some of my girlfriends about your blog! Thank you for taking my dull dinners and making them more exciting!
    -Sandy Toes

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing...

    yum- my boys will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the recipes! You've inspired me to start my own foodie blog!

    ReplyDelete