Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Crockpot French Dip!

Nothing says comfort food like a big juicy sandwich with chunks of shredded beef and dripping with goodness. YUM! Another one from the Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks. 

 


CROCKPOT FRENCH DIP
 
3-lb beef rump roast 
2 c. water 
1/2 c. soy sauce 
1 t. dried rosemary 
1 t. dried thyme 
1 t. garlic powder 
3 to 4 whole peppercorns 
1 bay leaf 
6 to 8 hoagie rolls, split 
 
Place roast in a slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except rolls; pour over roast. Cover and cook on high setting for 5 to 6 hours, or until beef is tender. 
 
Remove meat from broth; shred with a fork and keep warm. Strain broth and skim off fat; discard bay leaf. Spoon shredded meat onto rolls and serve with broth for dipping. 
 
Serves 6 to 8.

7 comments:

  1. This is my favorite crock pot recipe. It's so easy, and a great way to make an inexpensive cut melt in your mouth tender. Even my picky daughter loves this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture. I always loved ordering a French Dip when we went out to eat back in Canada. I may give this a try here. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy! Think I'll have to try it!
    BTW how do you do your headers. So, so pretty. I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had this tonight for dinner....we have another winner!! Hubby loved it so much he had two!!

    Thanks again!
    In Christ,
    tulipkids

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making this tonight, and it smells so good already! I started it really really early. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not really 7:54...LOL it's 10:54, I've got to figure out how to fix my settings...haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum yum yum!! House smelled great, food tasted great, the beef was a bit not so easy to shred, but it was wonderful when all was said and done. I have placed this one in my binder and we will def. be using it on busy days! =)

    ReplyDelete