Saturday, January 24, 2009

Barbecued Ribs!

My family absolutely LOVES Ribs but I don't make them too often because they can be quite pricey at times. These are pork ribs which are our favorite, I think they have more meat to them than the plain old beef ribs.

Pop these beauties in the crockpot in the morning and by dinner time, you will have succulent delicious ribs falling off the bone. YUM! 

102_0194 

BARBECUED RIBS 

Pork ribs (I used a rack, I think it was about 2 lbs or so) 
1 1/4 cups ketchup 
1/3 cup brown sugar 
1/4 cup molasses 
1/2 tsp. liquid smoke 
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce 
1/4 tsp Onion flakes 
1/4 tsp. garlic powder 
1/2 cup water 
 
 
 In a small bowl stir together all the ingredients, except the ribs and water. 

102_0187 

Cut the ribs into smaller portions, add them to the crockpot and pour the sauce over, add the water and cook on HIGH for 5 hours. 

102_0193 

 I love how they just fall off the bone....enjoy! 

 

4 comments:

  1. Those ribs look great! Don't you just love crock pots and crock pot cooking bag liners? I do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those look so good! I prefer pork ribs, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious, what is the purpose of the slowcooker liners? Easier cleaning? I haven't ever seen them in my small town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe for ribs looks great! I like your new blog look too!

    ReplyDelete