Thursday, January 08, 2009

Garlic, Thyme Butter Potatoes

One of the simplest ways to prepare potatoes.  They are so tasty, I can never just have one helping, but then again I am that way with any kind of tater, so I can't just blame these.

Give them a try though, they are so good :)

2013_05100011
Garlic, Thyme Butter Potatoes

5 or 6 Medium potatoes, boiled
Butter
Garlic powder
Thyme
Parsley
Salt


Drain the boiled potatoes and place them in a serving bowl.  Using a knife, cut them into bite size pieces.

In a small bowl, add butter (I do about 1/4 cup or more depending on how much I need), garlic powder, thyme and salt.
Pop in the microwave for about a minute or until butter is all melted, stir well and pour over the potatoes.

Mix the potatoes with a spoon being careful not to break them. Top with fresh chopped parsley and serve hot.

4 comments:

  1. Tomorrow..I am making your "meat with the bacon"!
    Garlic potatoes...oh yum!
    -sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look scrumptuous!! I have got to make some soon. What kind of fish do you use, pls do share! Also could you give the amount of garlic powder you add? What kind of garlic powder do you use. In our local store they have like different brands, and I still haven't found one I really like. I'm sure the one you use is good.
    Sorry for so many questions. I want to make an exact recipe like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that the simplest recipes are always the best? My favorite way to eat mashed potatoes: boiled then sprinkled liberally with salt. Mmmm... that's the way my grandmother always used to make them. Of course, adding garlic and butter isn't gonna hurt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, this really brings back memories!!! My mom used to make this when we were kids. Yummmm...

    ReplyDelete