Thursday, September 15, 2011

Creamy Cheesy Potatoes

I've been making potatoes like this for so so long, usually I put in thinly sliced onions and omit the cheese, but I love cheese and to me cheese is like bacon, it just makes everything better.

Cheesy Creamy Potatoes

I got the recipe from Get off your butt and bake and I adapted it slightly for our family, so I'm giving you the link to the original recipe and below I'm posting the way I made mine.

Cheesy Creamy Potatoes

Creamy Cheesy Potatoes
Adapted from: Get off your butt and bake


1 HUGE potato, cut into thin fries
1 pint heavy cream
Salt and Pepper
dried parsley
grated cheddar cheese

I think everyone knows how to make fries, but anyway, peel the potatoes, wash them and then slice them into thin slices first,

Cheesy Creamy Potatoes

then cut them into thin fries.

Cheesy Creamy Potatoes

Place in a baking dish. One of the things I most love about this dish is that you can make as much or as little as you need, hence use as many potatoes as needed to fill the dish. I had a HUGE and I mean HUGE potato that was enough for meal.

Sprinkle on salt and pepper,

Cheesy Creamy Potatoes

pour the heavy cream over the potatoes.

Cheesy Creamy Potatoes

Cover with shredded cheese, again, as much or as little as you want. You don't have to add the parsley, but I agree with Jonna who says it makes it look prettier.

Cheesy Creamy Potatoes

Cover with foil, place in the middle oven rack and bake for about an hour at 400 degrees or until potatoes are fork tender.

For the original recipe, go on over to Jonna's blog "Get off your butt and bake".

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Two words: COMFORT FOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful. I agree with April that this is a 'comfort food'. Especially as cooler weather is coming up.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with April!! Love this kind of food..especially if we would get some cool weather!

    ReplyDelete