Saturday, September 17, 2011

Easy Roast Chicken and Potatoes

You know how some people consider Mac and Cheese comfort food? Well for me it's good ol' Roast Chicken and Potatoes.

This is another one of those meals that seems to have so many variations, there's the family favorites or the recipes that have been passed down but honestly for me, there really isn't a specific recipe to follow, I don't really think you can go wrong with Roast Chicken.

So here's how I make mine.....

Roast Chicken and Potatoes

Roast Chicken and Potatoes


1 chicken, cleaned and split down the middle
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1 teaspoon black pepper
salt to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
Potatoes, washed well and cut into cubes (just eyeball it and make as much or as little as you need)

Place the chicken in a roasting pan or casserole dish. I like to use my Stoneware.

In a small bowl mix the spices and olive oil

Roast Chicken and Potatoes

pour over the chicken and then rub it all over.

Roast Chicken and Potatoes

Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours.

About 30 minutes before it's done, remove the foil. When chicken is cooked, remove from the pan, wrap in foil and keep warm.

Pop the potatoes into the pan, stir well to cover with the gravy in the pan,

Roast Chicken and Potatoes

pop back into the oven and crank the heat to 400. Cook for another hour or until the potatoes are fork tender.

I like to push the potatoes to the sides of the pan and then pop my chicken back into the middle, surrounded by the potatoes. You can pop it back into the oven to heat up a bit if you need but usually the chicken is still nice and hot.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! My favorite comfort food too! I love Roast Chicken but it always makes such a mess in my oven and smokes up my kitchen:( probably, I need to give my oven a good cleaning!
    I am going to give this version a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete