Thursday, September 08, 2011

Breakfast Sandwiches

I like having easy breakfast items in the freezer, anything to make mornings a little less hectic and also to make it easier for hubby as he heads out the door to work.  Military life means crazy schedules, ever changing and my husband usually grabs whatever he finds in the freezer, nukes it and he is out the door.....these are one of his favorite go to breakfasts......mine too.....and the kids.....and the dogs if they happen to get fed by the kids when mommy is not looking.  Ha!

There is no recipe for these, and the variations are endless. Sometimes I leave out the egg, sometimes I add bacon, or ham etc. Just go with whatever your family enjoys.

2011_09080002English Muffins, Sausage Patties, Cheese Slices, Scrambled Eggs and Jalapeno Peppers. That's what went into these and boy are they tasty.

I cook everything first, assemble the sandwiches, let them cool down and then pop them in the freezer. They will keep for about a month, but to be perfectly honest they usually only last about a week or two depending on how many I make.

7 comments:

  1. Yummies! How do you nuke them so they don't get all soggy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole I usually wrap them in a paper towel and nuke them for about a minute, if I need more time, then I just increase to another 10 secs or 15 or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea. I've been buying frozen pre-made sausage biscuits but they seem sooo greasy and full of preservatives. I will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these will be great for my hubby since with his new job he leaves before I get home from dropping off the girls at school.

    I grew up in the military and yep it's a crazy life

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! How do you freeze them -- in waxed paper or foil?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your website a few days ago and made these breakfast sandwiches yesterday. I LOVE them! I love that I can make my husband and I a hot breakfast before work without having to stand at the stove for half an hour! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete