Friday, September 23, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte

I think there are a lot of people out there just waiting for the Fall season to officially open, because you know that Starbucks will bring out their Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

I love them, but I don't love dishing out the money, so I went online and started searching for a copycat recipe that I could make at home, and I found quite a few. After looking through them, I decided to give it a try but change up just a thing or two....so this one is adapted from a few online recipes.


Pumpkin Spice Latte

2 cups milk
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin pie filling
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee

In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin pie filling and sugar. Stir over medium heat until it starts to steam, you want to see that nice foam. Turn the heat off, stir in the vanilla and the pumpkin pie spice. Transfer to a blender and process for a few seconds until it's really foamy.

Pour into a large coffee mug, or two smaller ones. Then pour the coffee on top. (Nicholas wanted to try it so before I poured on the coffee I gave him some of the milk, he LOVED it).

You can add some whipped cream on top, but I didn't, I just sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon on top. YUM!

5 comments:

  1. I would really love to see a cold version of this. How does this version taste over ice??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just read my mind!! I was just thinking how much I'd love to find a recipe for this! I'll be trying mine out with rice milk because of food allergies, but this recipe sounds fabulous! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] the girls at Our Best Bites found a shortcut and let me tell you, this is like one of the best banana cream pies I have EVER [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, I can't wait to try this, but wondering how this compares to the SB pumpkin spice latte? Since theirs is a flavored syrup, not actually having any real pumpkin in it (or so I've been told). I'm going to have to get a small container of low fat milk (we only have nonfat and it doesn't foam up).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this would taste good over ice. I would put less pumpkin pie spice but then I have a sensitive palette. Other than that, this is tasty. The blender made the drink very foamy = very yummy. I will have a sb one tomorrow to compare and then come back and comment.

    ReplyDelete