Monday, September 19, 2011

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie in Jars

Ever had a dessert that made you groan?  No really, like the kind you take a bite out of it and you literally let out a groan and sigh?

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie

I am about to die here, totally in chocolate and peanut butter heaven because these babies are enough to make you cry in happiness.

One of my favorite blogs is Big Red Kitchen, this woman KNOWS all about cooking in mason jars and does she ever come up with the best recipes.

These are supposed to be made in small 4 ounce jars, but I didn't have any and I'm greedy and wanted something more....though let me warn you, you won't be able to eat it all at once, but that's ok cause it goes back into the fridge with the lid on and I can just snack out of it when I want, which is like now.....ugh, I'll finish the recipe first.

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pies

1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
4 T. brown sugar
3/4 cup melted butter

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie

Mix well and divided evenly among one dozen 4 ounce mason jars, patting the crust down using the end of a thick wooden spoon.

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie

Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely before filling with peanut butter filling.

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie

1 1/2 sticks butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Safest Choice Pasteurized Eggs
1/2 cup creamy all natural peanut butter

In a stand mixer, mix the above ingredients for 10 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy. Divided evenly over pretzel crusts.

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie

3/4 cup heavy cream
2 T. butter
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Heat cream and butter in a microwave safe bowl for one minute on high. Pour in chips and let set one minute then stir until the chips are melted and the ganache is smooth. Top each pie with the ganache to just the top of the jar.

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie

You will have about 1/3 cup left of the ganache for another use. Screw lids on jars and store in the refrigerator. Makes 12 mini pies or one big 9 inch pie.

Note- The crust is very thick and the first spoonful is hard to crack through but once you do...yum!

4 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH my why oh why did I look at this???? I have been CRAVING PB and chocolate lately and every morning making no bake cookie style oatmeal to get that fix... I am making this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So have I and this definitely helps the craving LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! This looks sooooo yummy!! And here I was, trying to give up peanut butter! lol

    I am adding this to the grocery list and trying it this weekend!! YUM!!

    Do you mind if I share the recipe next week? Let me know!

    Loving this! YUM!! and of course you know I am gonna pin this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are pasteurized eggs?

    ReplyDelete