Friday, September 23, 2011

Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte

Folks, I'm on a coffee high, and I smell like Fall and Pumpkin Pie LOL

But I really wanted to try an iced version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte and now I'm glad I did because HOLY MOLY, it is SO good.

Thank you to Healthy Food for Living for the great recipe.

2011_09230031
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte

yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:

3/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk from Trader Joe’s)
3 Tbsp pure pumpkin puree
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch ground ginger
tiny pinch ground nutmeg
tiny pinch cloves
ice cubes
1/2 cup strong cold-brewed coffee (I used coarsely ground TJ’s Fair Trade Organic French Roast Decaf); or brewed coffee that has chilled thoroughly in the fridge

Directions:

Combine milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and spices in a blender or mini food processor; blend until well-combined and frothy.
Pour mixture into a large glass filled halfway with ice cubes. Slowly pour in the chilled coffee. Serve with a dusting of cinnamon, if desired.

2011_09230027

2 comments:

  1. Oh...that sounds so good!! Thank you for testing it out! :) Now all I need is some pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete